Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sleep Deprivation

I have decided to begin this post with the lyrics to a song (a song I used to like) which explains the circumstances that produced the creativity seen below.

"I need medication for my sleep deprivation
(Sleep deprivation)
I need medication for my sleep deprivation

(Sleep deprivation)
I need medication for my sleep deprivation
I need medication for my sleep deprivation

Guacamole, guacamole
Sleep deprivation's driving me insane
Guacamole, guacamole
Sleep deprivation's driving me insane"

From "Guacamole" by Super Furry Animals.

Now, in the opposite order I am about to mention them, are two photos: the original was taken during the performance of The Importance of Being Earnest. The "kick awesome" (assuming "kick awesome," as in "kick awesome logo," is the word I want, since it sounds rather uncool), anyway, the stylish, hip, and altogether chic remix (yes, I do call pictures I have tarted up with filters "remixes" because it makes them sound so much more, how you say, as if they were made by someone called Felix da Housecat or DJ Pre-emptive Strike). I call this remix: "NoiRED Tie (Hitchcock red hat remix)"

The original:


And the remix:
Feel free to comment on whether this remix is truly "kick awesome," whether calling an edited photo a remix is pretentious, and why anyone would call himself "Felix da Housecat" or "DJ Pre-emptive Strike."

Or you could just say whether you like the picture. There's that too.

1 comment:

The Scholar said...

Oh no, Mr. Bill! He's fallen off the wagon and is beginning to revert to his hedonistic ways! Seriously, you need more sleep or you'll end up like me.